Mosby's Pharmacy Technician - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Clearly written and filled with practical information, this book offers a comprehensive introduction to the knowledge and skills pharmacy technicians need for successful practice. Key areas of concentration include the role of the pharmacy technician in the pharmacy setting, an overview of medications used to treat specific body systems, a breakdown of the different classifications of drugs, and a review of the basic sciences at the core of pharmacy practice. It also offers helpful PTCB examination review, as well as information on career opportunities for pharmacy technicians with advice on getting a job and advancing in the profession.
New to This Edition
- A new chapter on PTCB exam review offers a 125-question multiple-choice practice exam that mirrors the content and format of the actual exam.
- Tech Alert! boxes provide critical reminders for avoiding common pharmacy errors.
- Nearly 100 new pill images in this edition assist in identifying drugs on sight and reducing the risk of pharmacy errors.
- Additional math exercises on the Companion CD and the Evolve website offer more opportunities to strengthen math skills.
- This edition has been completely updated to include the latest drugs, regulations, HIPAA information, and more to ensure safe, effective practice.
- Updated Companion CD bound in every text includes animations, additional math exercises, and English/Spanish audio glossary, chapter quizzes, and more.
- A full-color layout and hundreds of illustrations highlight important information and bring key concepts to life.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter help focus study time.
- Key terms with definitions introduce the vocabulary used in the pharmacy setting.
- Drug names with pronunciations demonstrate how to say and spell medication names correctly, an essential part of the pharmacy technician's job.
- Tech Notes offer helpful tips, hints, cautions, and safety information.
- A brief overview of anatomy and physiology offers a better understanding of how drugs work in the body.
- Mosby's Essential Drugs for Pharmacy Technicians, powered by Gold Standard. This new, online resource will include detailed drug monographs for the top 200 drugs dispensed in the United States.
- Pharmacist's Perspective boxes offer insights to the pharmacist's point of view for various on-the-job situations.
- Do You Remember These Key Points? boxes summarize key concepts in each chapter.
- The Technician's Corner features learning exercises that relate new information to realistic clinical situations.
- A comprehensive glossary in both English and Spanish includes all key terms and definitions from the book.
By Teresa Hopper, BS, CPhT, Instructor of Pharmacy Technology, San Joaquin Valley College, Rancho Cordova, CA