Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant, written and edited by Drs. Remington, Klein, Wilson, Nizet, and Maldonado, remains the definitive source of information in this field. The 7th edition of this authoritative reference provides the most up-to-date and complete guidance on infections found in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period in both premature and term infants. Special attention is given to the prevention and treatment of these diseases found in developing countries as well as the latest findings about new antimicrobial agents, gram-negative infections and their management, and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother. Nationally and internationally recognized in immunology and infectious diseases, new associate editors Nizet and Maldonado bring new insight and fresh perspective to the book. Easy access to the complete contents and illustrations can be found online at expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Get fresh perspectives from two new associate editors-Drs. Yvonne Maldonado, head of the Pediatric Infectious Disease program at Stanford, and Victor Nizet, Professor of Pediatrics & Pharmacy at University of California, San Diego and UCSD School of Medicine.
- Keep up with the most relevant topics in fetal/neonatal infectious disease including new antimicrobial agents, gram- negative infections and their management, and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother.
- Overcome the clinical challenges in developing countries where access to proper medical care is limited.
- Apply the latest recommendations for H1N1 virus and vaccines.
Search the full text online including references linked to pub med abstracts.
- Get the latest information on maternal infections when they are pertinent to the infant or developing fetus, including disease transmission through breastfeeding
- Diagnose, prevent, and treat neonatal infectious diseases with expert guidance from the world's leading authorities and evidence-based recommendations.
- Incorporate the latest findings about infections found in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period.
Find the critical answers you need quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly user-friendly format
"Its editors and authors are the scientists and clinicians whose work has advanced knowledge of maternal, fetal, and neonatal infections. For 30 years, this textbook has been the single best source of information in this area."-NEJM, review of 6th edition.
"A superbly updated classic recommended to all who provide care to the fetus and newborn." -JAMA, review of the 6th edition.
"An important and outstanding reference…extremely easy to pick up and read."-Clinical Infectious Diseases, review of the 6th edition.
"This has been a standard reference for 35 years and the editors have fulfilled their objectives of providing a single source book in this area of medicine... This book is still without peer and many chapters represent the most comprehensive reference on the subject." - Jay P. Goldsmith, MD, Doody's Review
By Jack S. Remington, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Marcus A. Krupp Research Chair and Chairman, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Research Institute, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Palo Alto, CA; Jerome O. Klein, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Vice-Chairman for Academic Affairs, Department of Pediatrics, Maxwell Finland Laboratory for Infectious Diseases, Boston, MA; Christopher B. Wilson, MD, Chair, Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA; Victor Nizet and Yvonne Maldonado