Child Abuse and Neglect
Diagnosis, Treatment and Evidence - Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Carole Jenny's Child Abuse and Neglect: Diagnosis, Treatment and Evidence focuses attention on the clinical evidence of child abuse to help you correctly diagnose and treat such cases in your own practice. In print and online, this unique, well-illustrated clinical reference provides new insights into the presentation and differential diagnosis of physical abuse and looks at shaken baby syndrome, sex offenders, and abuse in religious organizations, information on the biomechanics of injury, and other factors.
- Identify an abusive injury and treat it effectively by reviewing evidence and critical analyses from leading authorities in the field.
- Recognize the signs of shaken baby syndrome, sex offenders, and abuse in religious organizations.
- Understand the biomechanics of injury to determine whether abuse was truly the cause of a child's injury.
- View illustrations that show first-hand examples of child abuse or neglect.
- Search the complete contents online and download the illustrations at www.expertconsult.com.
By Carole Jenny, MD, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University;
Director, Child Protection Program, Hasbro Children's Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island