The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, Volume 7, Part 1 - Brain, 2nd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Brain, Part 1 of The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, 2nd Edition, provides a highly visual guide to this complex organ, from basic neurodevelopment, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and cognition to classic disorders including to epilepsy, hypothalamus/pituitary with disorders of consciousness and sleep, movement disorders, cerebellum, stroke, multiple sclerosis, neurologic infections, neuro-oncology, headaches, and brain trauma. This spectacularly illustrated volume in the masterwork known as the (CIBA) Netter "Green Books" has been expanded and revised by Drs. H. Royden Jones, Jr., Ted M. Burns, Michael J. Aminoff, and Scott L. Pomeroy to mirror the many exciting advances in medicine and imaging - offering unparalleled insights into the broad clinical spectrum of brain disorders.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Gain a rich clinical view of all aspects of the brain in one comprehensive volume, conveyed through beautiful illustrations as well as up-to-date radiologic images.
- Clearly see the connection between basic science and clinical practice with an integrated overview of normal structure and function as it relates to pathologic conditions.
- Grasp current clinical concepts regarding development, pediatrics, and adult medicine captured in classic Netter illustrations, as well as new illustrations created specifically for this volume by artist-physician Carlos Machado, MD, and others working in the Netter style.
- Get complete, integrated visual guidance on the brain with thorough, richly illustrated coverage.
- Quickly understand complex topics thanks to a concise text-atlas format that provides a context bridge between primary and specialized medicine.
- Clearly visualize how core concepts of anatomy, physiology, and other basic sciences correlate across disciplines.
- Benefit from matchless Netter illustrations that offer precision, clarity, detail and realism as they provide a visual approach to the clinical presentation and care of the patient.
"This book is masterful in many respects, but mostly in its ability to present information in a way that makes learning enjoyable. It does not go into micro detail on all of the nervous system diseases, but serves as a good review. Taken together, the two volumes would be a good addition to the bookshelf of any neurologist, healthcare professional, or medical student."-Andrea Harriott, MD, PhD(Mayo Clinic Florida) Doody Review: 86/100
By H. Royden Jones, Jr., MD, Clinical Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School; Jaime Ortiz-Patino Chair of Neurology, Lahey Medical Center, Burlington; Director of EMG Laboratory, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA, USA; Ted Burns, Ted M. Burns, MD
University of Virginia, Neurology
Director, Neurology Residency
Director, Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship
Director, EMG Laboratory
; Michael J. Aminoff, Distinguished Professor, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA and Scott Pomeroy