AACN Procedure Manual for Critical Care, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$124.00|
The AACN Procedure Manual for Critical Care, 6th Edition presents procedures for the critical care environment in an illustrated, consistent, and step-by-step format. The Procedures and Patient Monitoring sections are presented in a tabular format that includes special considerations and rationales for each intervention. References have been meticulously reviewed to ensure that the most authoritative and timely standards of practice are used. Additionally, the references supporting care recommendations are identified according to the latest AACN Evidence Leveling System to ensure that you have a complete understanding of the strength of the evidence base.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Clarity of Evidence Leveling helps you quickly grasp the strength of the evidence supporting the care recommendations
- Reviewed and Updated References comply with the highest standards of critical care practice
- Alphabetical procedures index inside the front cover provides easy access
- Reader-friendly design changes make it easier to identify and utilize special features
- UNIQUE! AACN-sponsored content ensures the highest standards of practice
- Comprehensive, clear, easy-to-use format allows you to quickly find and review the exact content you need
- Rationales provide complete information on every procedure
- Identified AP procedures help you judge whether a procedure is in your scope of practice
- Patient safety highlighted with new icons for patient identification and time-out Joint Commission Universal Protocols
- CDC Standard Precautions for hand washing and applying protective clothing and equipment highlighted with new icons
"This sixth edition text prepared under the auspices of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses continues its mission as a comprehensive reference presenting quick access to the abundance of information necessary for providing high-quality care to seriously ill patients. Procedures are detailed in a consistent format covering purpose, prerequisite nursing knowledge, equipment, patient and family education, and patient assessment and preparation. Procedures are described step by step, with identification and delineation of rationale, special considerations, expected and unexpected outcomes, patient monitoring, documentation, and references. Icons identify procedures that require, for example advanced skills, hand hygiene, or personal protective equipment. Charts, tables, diagrams, and illustrations are all designed to present information efficiently and well."
- Book News, Inc.
By AACN; Edited by Debra J. Lynn-McHale Wiegand, PhD, RN, CCRN, FAAN, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland; and Staff Nurse, Surgical Cardiac Care Unit, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.