The Teaching Files: Pediatric
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Drs. Sarah Milla and Sarah Bixby’s The Teaching Files: Pediatrics provides you with interesting and well-presented clinical findings and images so you can better diagnose any pediatric disease. An easy-to-use, templated organization makes referencing difficult diagnoses easier than ever before. Discussions of today’s modalities and technologies keep you up to date, and challenging diagnostic questions probe your knowledge of the material.
- Make an informed diagnosis using findings from approximately 400 cases with 2,000 illustrations.
- Keep current in your practice with discussions of the most up-to-date radiologic modalities and technologies.
- Get suggested readings of the most important references for more information on specific topics.
- Review discussions of similar cases and resolve challenging diagnostic questions.
- Reference demographics/clinical history, findings, discussion, characteristic/clinical features, radiologic findings, differential diagnosis, and suggested readings for every case.
"Milla (radiology, New York U. Medical Center) and Bixby (radiology, Harvard Medical School, & Children's Hospital of Boston) have brought together this collection of pediatric radiology cases<-->with no notion of being comprehensive. The aim instead is to make available a convenient review or introduction to images of both common and rare conditions. Each of 320 cases is presented with images (a total of over 900) and with a consistent outline text identifying the patient's demographics or clinical history, findings, and one or two lines of discussion concerning definition, characteristic clinical features, radiologic findings, and differential diagnosis; each case includes at least one suggested reading. The full text is available online (access included). Suitable for quick reference on the job and for exam review."
- Book News, Inc.
By Sarah Milla and Sarah Bixby, MD, Staff Radiologist, Department of Radiology, Children's Hospital Boston; Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School