Saunders Strategies for Test Success, 2nd Edition
Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX Exam
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
An essential resource for any nursing student, this invaluable guide gives you the tools you need to overcome text anxiety and develop effective study habits. Key topics include time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you tackle any nursing test from a routine quiz to the NCLEX� examination. You'll learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on the nursing process, prioritization methods, and safety strategies. The book and companion CD offer 500 practice questions to help you practice the skills you are learning and gain realistic test-taking experience.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Refocused content emphasizes comprehensive test preparation to help you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX® examination.
- A new chapter on reducing test anxiety offers simple strategies you can use to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence you need to pass exams.
- A new chapter on developing a structured study plan provides helpful tips for improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
- Coverage of detailed critical thinking methods offer valuable clues to help you analyze and uncover the correct answer option for all question types, including multiple-choice, true-or-false, and alternate item-format questions
- Chapters on specific question content, such as prioritization, pharmacology, management, and delegation, provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher cognitive level questions
- A fun, two-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help visual learners become better overall test-takers.
- Linda Silvestri’s hallmark Pyramid Points in the margins highlight the most important concepts you need to learn for exam success.
- A companion CD includes 500 practice questions that allow you to apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
By Linda Anne Silvestri, RN, MSN, PhD(c), Assistant Professor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI