Andreoli and Carpenter's Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 8th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Students, residents, and instructors swear by Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine because it presents just the right amount of information, just the right way. Edited by the late Thomas E. Andreoli, MD as well as Ivor Benjamin, MD, Robert C. Griggs, MD, and Edward J. Wing, MD, it focuses on core principles and how they apply to patient care, covering everything you need to know to succeed on a medical rotation or residency. Masterful editing and a user-friendly full-color design make absorbing and retaining information as effortless as possible, and Student Consult online access offers convenient, flexible reference to the complete contents of the book plus additional clinical photos and radiologic images, videos demonstrating procedures, audio recordings of heart and lung sounds, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Excellent images and clinical photographs vividly illustrate the appearance and clinical features of disease.
- Masterful editing and a user-friendly full-color design make absorbing and retaining information as effortless as possible.
- Web icons throughout the printed book call your attention to additional content available online thorough Student Consult.
- New chapters on "Pre- and Post-Operative Care" and "Palliative Care," plus the integration of molecular biology and other new horizons in medicine, familiarize you with the most current clinical concepts.
- Student Consult online access offers convenient, flexible reference to the complete contents of the book plus additional clinical photos and radiologic images, videos demonstrating procedures, audio recordings of heart and lung sounds, and more.
- An expanded International Editorial Board provides increased input from respected practitioners worldwide.
"For a medical student or resident, Cecil Essentials is an easier read that provides the 'core essentials' at a more reasonable price and lighter weight. It can actually be read in its entirety during a hectic 12-week clinical rotation." - JAMA, review of a previous edition
By Thomas E. Andreoli, MD, MACP, FRCP(Edin), Distinguished Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Physiology, University of Arkansas College of Medicine, Little Rock, AR; Ivor Benjamin, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Medicine, Christi T. Smith Chair for Cardiovascular Research, Chief, Division of Cardiology, The University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT; Robert C. Griggs, MD, FACP, FAAN, Edward A. and Alma Vollertsen Rykenboer Professor of Neurophysiology, Chair, Department of Neurology, Professor of Medicine, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
Professor and Chair of Neurology; Edward J Wing, MD, Dean of Medicine and Biological Sciences, Department of Bio Med Medical Affairs, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island and J. Gregory Fitz, MD, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Provost and Dean, UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas