Pharmacology and Therapeutics
Principles to Practice, Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Pharmacology and Therapeutics: Principles to Practice uses pharmacology principles to integrate the most recent advances in basic biomedical sciences into deciding the best medications to treat illness and preserve health.
Edited by Scott A. Waldman, MD, PhD, FCP and Andre Terzic, MD, PhD, this brand-new multimedia resource fills a critical need for a more clinically focused, user-friendly pharmacology reference. Get everything you need to know about all of today's drugs in a coherent, easy-to-use format - from the underlying science through innovation, translation, regulation, and clinical implementation. Evidence-based therapeutic guidelines facilitate decision making; and coverage of pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics, regenerative pharmacology, stem cell therapies, and the emerging field of individualized medicine keeps you at the forefront of the latest developments. Reference is a snap due to the book's logical, accessible format, as well as access to the complete contents online. This Premium Edition also offers regular online updates, an online drug database, downloadable illustrations, and much more…all at expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
- Provides regular online updates reflecting the latest genetic discoveries, clinical trials, therapeutic guidelines, and other critical developments.
- Features a continuously updated online drug database for quick, current answers on uses, dosages, indications, contraindications, and more.
- Features a logical organization (by body system, rather than by drug class) and an exceptionally user-friendly format so you can find the clinically actionable information you need more easily.
- Offers evidence-based therapeutic guidelines to help you make sound clinical decisions.
- Includes cutting-edge coverage of pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics, regenerative pharmacology, stem cell therapies, and the emerging field of individualized medicine across medical specialties.
- Examines nutrition, complementary and alternative medicines, neutraceuticals, and dietary supplements, allowing you to effectively counsel patients and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Includes access to the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable, for rapid, efficient consultation from any computer.
- Allows you to download hundreds of full-color illustrations for use in electronic presentations.
"This is an outstanding textbook that connects the recent advances in basic principles with the practice of medicine. It is a must-have book for those involved in drug discovery, translational research, and the teaching of evidence-based medicine."
--Thomas L. Pazdernik, PhD (University of Kansas Medical Center)
By Scott A. Waldman, MD, PhD, FCP, Samuel M.V. Hamilton Professor of Medicine and Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology; Director of Clinical Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia, PA; and Andre Terzic, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Medical School; Vice-Chair Cardiovascular Research, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, NY