Medical Assisting Online for Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting (User Guide and Access Code), 2nd Edition
Master clinical and administrative skills with interactive learning and practiceTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Medical Assisting Online is an engaging, fully integrated online course that supplements the coverage in Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting, 2nd Edition with interactive exercises to prepare you for professional success in medical assisting. Ideal for distance learning or an enhanced classroom experience, this new edition is competency-based and more interactive than ever, giving you practice performing the clinical and administrative tasks you'll encounter on the job, such as checking in patients, filing insurance claims, taking vital signs, administering medications, and more.
- Easy-to-use learning modules correspond directly to textbook content to strengthen your understanding.
- Self-comprehension questions and interactive exercises interspersed throughout allow you to check your comprehension and learn from feedback.
- Engaging Training Activities cover key curriculum competencies, guiding you step-by-step through important skills and encouraging you to try them on your own.
- Video clips demonstrate the most commonly performed clinical procedures and techniques in vivid detail.
- Pop-up boxes provide further explanations, forms, or oversized figures, enabling you to "dig deeper" and see the tools and paperwork actually used on the job.
- Automatically scored quizzes and exams help you evaluate your comprehension and check your grade at any time throughout the course.
- A glossary of definitions with audio pronunciations is linked on each screen to help you learn the correct definitions in context.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
By Diane M. Klieger, RN, MBA, CMA (AAMA), Retired Program Director, Medical Assisting; Adjunct Medical Assisting Instructor, Pinellas Technical Education Centers, St. Petersburg, FL, USA