Evidence-Based Practice of Anesthesiology, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Evidence-Based Practice of Anesthesiology, 2nd Edition, by Lee A. Fleisher, MD, summarizes the best available evidence concerning the most common clinical questions that anesthesiologists face every day, so you will have an informed basis for making effective patient management decisions. This edition covers 24 new topics and explores a full range of important issues in perioperative management -- discussing the clinical options, examining the relevant research, and presenting expert recommendations. It features the latest information on clinical situations and reviews all clinical options based on the most recent clinical trials, providing a valuable framework for translating evidence into practice. As an Expert Consult title it includes convenient, fully searchable online access to the complete contents of the book along with all of the images downloadable for your personal use, and references linked to Medline at www.expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features anytime, anywhere online access to the complete contents of the book, text and images, along with references linked to Medline, at www.expertconsult.com.
- Provides the latest information on clinical situations and reviews all clinical options based on the most recent clinical trials, to provide a valuable framework for translating evidence into practice.
- Presents coverage of 24 new topics including use of ultrasound guidance for regional anesthesia, effectiveness of preoperative clinics, perioperative brain protection and risk factors for perioperative stroke, optimal postoperative analgesia, and many others to help you keep you up to date.
- Explores key topics such as preoperative preparation, perioperative management, regional anesthesia, monitoring, cardiovascular anesthesia, neurosurgical anesthesia, obstetrical anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, and pain,
- Uses a practical, consistent format in each chapter, providing an overview of the question under discussion... an outline of the available management options... a review of the relevant evidence... identification of areas of uncertainty... a summary of existing management guidelines... and the author's recommendations.
- Provides tables that summarize the available literature as well as the recommended clinical approaches at a glance.
- Covers routine care as well as complicated and special situations to prepare you for a full range of challenges.
“Clearly written and provides a structured approach to clinical decision making...Provides clear recommendations, which are informed by evidence and experience...Caregivers can learn a lot from Fleisher’s text.” – American Society of Anesthesiologists, review of the previous edition.
“A landmark for anesthesiology.” – Anesthesiology, review of the previous edition.
By Lee A. Fleisher, MD, Robert D. Dripps Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care; Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Expert Consult
- 544 Pages
- Trim Size: 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in
- Imprint: Saunders
- ISBN: 978-1-4160-5996-7
- Next Edition ISBN:
- Copyright: 2009