Surgical Treatment of Hip Arthritis: Reconstruction, Replacement, and Revision
Expert Consult - Online and Print with DVD
Surgical Treatment of Hip Arthritis: Reconstruction, Replacement, and Revision, by William J. Hozack, MD, is a state-of-the-art reference that addresses the challenging issues you face in this rapidly growing segment of orthopaedic practice. Inside, you’ll find top surgical management strategies for all types of hip arthroplasty presented by leaders from around the world, along with discussions of possible complications, risks and benefits to specific patient populations, and more. A DVD, included with the text, presents step-by-step narrated videos of the surgeries covered in the book, enabling you to see these procedures in action. Best of all, this resource also offers access to a companion website where you will find the full text of the book, completely searchable.Table of Contents
- Includes online access to the full text at expertconsult.com for convenient anytime, anywhere reference.
- Presents state-of-the-art surgical management strategies for hip arthritis—from reconstruction to replacement to revision—by experts worldwide, for comprehensive guidance in one convenient resource.
- Offers current information on computer-assisted navigation techniques and minimally invasive techniques, to equip you with the latest surgical options.
- Provides extensive discussions of the management of a full range of complications to help you overcome the challenges you’ll face.
- Addresses the rationale for and management of revision surgery, given specific patient problems and intraoperative issues, enabling you to make the best informed surgical decisions.
- Presents more than 600 illustrations, including original line art, radiologic images, and full-color intraoperative photos, that show you exactly what to look for and how to proceed.
- Includes a DVD containing step-by-step narrated videos of surgeries covered in the text, depicting these procedures in action.
By William J. Hozack, MD, Assistant Professor, Joint Reconstruction Service, Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, FL