Heart Failure: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult – Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Dr. Douglas L. Mann, one of the foremost experts in the field, presents the 2nd Edition of Heart Failure: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease. This completely reworked edition covers the scientific and clinical guidance you need to effectively manage your patients and captures the dramatic advances made in the field over the last five years. Now in full color and with convenient online access, this edition features eleven new chapters, including advanced cardiac imaging techniques, use of biomarkers, cell-based therapies and tissue engineering, device therapies, and much more.
New to This Edition
- Conveniently access fully searchable online text at www.expertconsult.com.
- Stay current with the latest developments concerning cardiac imaging, use of biomarkers in patient evaluation, device therapy, heart failure in special populations, disease prevention, preserved ejection fraction, cell-based therapy and tissue engineering, managing heart failure with malignancy, cognitive impairment, and much more.
- Confidently treat the whole patient by recognizing the many types of heart failure and how they affect all of the systems and organs in the body.
- Overcome your most difficult cases with the expert guidance of worldwide contributors in cardiology.
- Enhance your review of scientific, diagnostic, and therapeutic concepts with a new, full-color design format.
- Includes access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Incorporates an enhanced emphasis on surgical outcomes to mirror the growing importance of this topic.
- Delivers new chapters on "Surgical Patient Safety" and "Regenerative Medicine."
"The text is written at a level that can be understood by all levels of medical personnel from students to experienced practitioners involved in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease. Each of the 61 chapters is authored by a distinguished investigator or clinician in cardiology... This edition contains new chapters and updates that highlight very contemporary issues (i.e. heart failure with preserved ejection fraction or stem cell therapy)... a well written supplement to the main textbook that is comprehensive in its coverage of the constellation of knowledge on the clinical syndrome of heart failure." - M. A. Thompson, MD, Doody's Review, 4 Stars
By Douglas L. Mann, MD, FACC, Professor of Medicine and Gordon Cain Chair, Section of Cardiology, Director, Winters Center for Heart Failure Research, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX