Congenital Heart Disease in Adults, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Dr. Perloff, the founding father of the field of adult congenital heart disease, presents a decade’s worth of research and clinical data in the completely redefined 3rd edition to bring you the most current information. With advances in diagnosis and treatment in children, more and more of those with CHD survive well into adulthood. Expert contributors in various fields offer a multi-disciplinary, multi-system approach to treatment so you get comprehensive coverage on all aspects of the subspecialty, including basic unoperated malformations, medical and surgical perspectives, postoperative residue, and sequelae. As someone who treats these patients, you need to be ready to provide the continual care they require.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features completely rewritten chapters to include the latest developments in the field-such as major advances in surgical and interventional techniques-and the various needs of patients with adult CHD.
- Incorporates recently published trials such as those involving cyanotic CHD and atherogenesis, coronary microcirculation, and pathogenesis of thrombocytopenia to supplement the chapter on cyanotic CHD.
- Emphasizes advances in imaging in a new section-edited by an expert-that covers echocardiography as well as specialized imaging techniques.
- Illustrates the full range of advances in the field with 600 images that reflect the latest progress.
- Includes new chapters-Global Scope of ACHD; Cardiac Transplantation; Electrophysiologic Abnormalities in Unoperated Patients and Residue and Sequelae After Cardiac Surgery-to provide you with the latest information on the growth of the subspecialty and its effect on treatment.
- Presents revisions by a new authorship of experts in infectious disease, genetics and epidemiology, sports medicine, neurology, cardiac surgery, cardiac anesthesiology, and more.
- Conveys a multidisciplinary, multi-system approach to the lifelong care of adult CHD patients to put treatment in a broader context.
- Presents information in a consistent, logical style so the information you need is easy to find and apply.
- Supplements the text with 600 clear conceptual illustrations to clarify difficult concepts.
"There has been a dramatic increase in the survival of children with congenital cardiac anomalies since the previous edition was published, necessitating an extensive update in order to keep readers abreast of the current status of this evolving field… This timely update serves as a useful reference for those caring for adult patients with congenital cardiac anomalies." - Doody’s 4 Stars **** - May 2009
By Joseph K. Perloff, MD, Streisand American Heart Association Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Director, Ahmanson/UCLA Adult Congential Heart Disease Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA; John S. Child, MD, FACC, Professor of Medicine, Associate Chief, Division of Cardiology; Director, Adult Cardiac Imaging and Hemodynamic Laboratories, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA; and Jamil Aboulhosn