Valvular Heart Disease: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Valvular Heart Disease is now an even better source for all your questions on dysfunctions or abnormalities of the heart's four valves. In the third edition, Catherine Otto is joined by Robert Bonow and a team of expert contributors to bring you the latest developments in imaging and treatment. The full-color images and illustrations reflect the cutting-edge imaging and diagnostic modalitiesDoppler echo and MRthat are so important for diagnosing aortic valve defects. Superb diagrams, an increased focus on imaging and case-based presentation, and new chapterson Cardiac MR and CT imaging for valvular heart disease; Genetic, molecular and cellular mechanisms of valvular disease; Bicuspid aortic valve disease; and Ischemic mitral regurgitationfurther enhance this valuable reference. And, the full text is available online at expertconsult.com where you can search the entire contents.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Provides access to the fully searchable text online at expertconsult.com.
- Introduces Robert Bonow as an editor, who joins Catherine Otto and the team of expert authors to provide you with guidance from leaders in the field.
- Features new chapters—Genetic, molecular and cellular mechanisms of valvular disease; Bicuspid aortic valve disease; and Ischemic mitral regurgitation—for the latest in cutting-edge research and clinical data.
- Reflects the latest in imaging modalities in the new section on cardiac MR and CT imaging for valvular heart disease to provide you with a full understand of the tools for the most accurate diagnosis.
- Presents detailed illustrations and images in full color to better showcase valve anatomy and dysfunction, as well as important techniques and surgical procedures.
- Includes a summary of the new ACC/AHA valvular heart disease guidelines in each chapter to keep you up to date on the latest best practices throughout the field.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of valvular heart disease to provide you with a complete reference and one-stop shop for this specialty in cardiac medicine.
- Provides complete guidance on how and why to surgically treat valve patients for a reliable manual on managing difficult cases.
- Features chapters on pediatric and pregnant patients so you know what considerations to take into account when treating these special populations.
By Catherine M. Otto, MD, Professor of Medicine, Director, Cardiology Fellowship Programs, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Robert O. Bonow, MD, Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg Shool of Medicine; Chief, Division of Cardiology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL