Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$47.42|
Learn the best ways to accurately measure range of motion and muscle length with this thoroughly updated new edition. Logically organized and easy to follow, this practical text provides accurate and up-to-date information on norms for range of motion in all age groups, as well as the reliability and validity of each technique. The techniques detail measurement of both joint range of motion and muscle length testing of the spine and extremities using the goniometer, the inclinometer, and the tape measure. An effective combination of instructions, illustrations, and layout for each technique allows you to easily understand and follow the information provided. In addition, a new DVD demonstrates each measurement technique contained in the book!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- The companion DVD contains video clips demonstrating over 100 measurement techniques.
- A new chapter on infants and children covers specific techniques used in measuring range of motion in children, with a particular emphasis on the measurement of joint motion in infants.
- 70 new line drawings help you align the goniometer or other tools accurately.
- Increased coverage of techniques for measuring the motions of the extremities using the inclinometer.
- Reorganized and updated information in each chapter incorporates the latest references and testing techniques, and includes descriptions of the arthrokinematics and functional range-of-motion requirements for each joint.
- Each chapter uses the same format for each technique, allowing you to quickly and easily identify the information you need.
- Hundreds of photos and illustrations clearly depict the various techniques and landmarks.
- Evidence-based information throughout includes the latest data on ROM normative values and reliability /validity studies.
- Figures have easy-to-find dots that serve as anatomical markers, providing a fast visual reference for exactly where to place the measuring device.
- Complete coverage of the tape measure, goniometer, and inclinometer prepare you to use any tool in the clinical setting.
"This book provides a wealth of information regarding the theory and practice of evaluating joint motion and muscle length. Because of this text’s comprehensiveness and its easy to read format, it would be a useful resource for students, novice and experienced clinicians, particularly physiotherapists, occupational therapists and medical practitioners."
Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing January 2010
"[The book] if read through and through for the area of the body of interest, will give an informed and well-documented overview of the procedures for measuring that part of the anatomy, and the reliability and validity of those measures."
PMG, 2010 Vol. 27:1
"One of the most comprehensive range of motion and muscle length texts on the market... a great reference text for a busy orthopedic practice."
Physical Therapy Reviews, March 2011
By Nancy Berryman Reese, PhD, PT, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR and William D. Bandy, PhD, PT, SCS, ATC, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR