McKee's Pathology of the Skin, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print 2 Vol Set
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The latest in-depth, visually rich dermatopathology coverage from Dr. McKeeTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Winner of the British Medical Association award (Dermatology Book Category) and the The Society of Authors & the Royal Society of Medicine 2005 book awards (New Edition of an Edited Book)
The most complete, in-depth coverage of the field available today in one source! It focuses particularly on aetiology and pathogenesis, disease mechanisms and includes all of the appropriate recent genetic, molecular and basic science data. More than 5,400 illustrations include depictions of clinical variants to support clinicopathological correlation and differential diagnoses. The 3rd Edition has been completely reorganised and redesigned to better meet the diagnostic challenges faced in everyday practice. Histologic diagnostic pitfalls are highlighted throughout and include detailed cross references for all relevant conditions.
- Recognize all the histological variations of any skin condition through coverage that integrates dermatopathology, clinical correlations, and clinical photographs.
- Easily reference key points thanks to bulleted lists of clinical features and differential diagnosis tables.
- Diagnose accurately using over 5,000 histopathologic and clinical illustrations that demonstrate the range of histologic manifestations.
“Unreservedly, no dermatologist or dermatopathologist can really afford to be without a copy of this truly masterly and unqiue publication”
ACP News – Association of Clinical Pathologists
"The book that no dermatologist or dermatopathologist can resist buying . . . the constant companion of the dermatopathology microscope" British Medical Journal
"Magnificent work is one of the best illustrated books available that covers the gamut of dermatopathology"
New England Journal of Medicine
"This excellent dermatopathology textbook has both high quality photomicrographs of histology and clinical photographs of many entities. This is a book of the highest quality. McKee's has the advantage of being the most current, with up-to-date material by expert authors, as well as exceptionally good illustrations."
- Barbara M. Egbert, MD, VA Palo Alto Health Care System
5 Star - Doody Rating, March 2013
- Offers brand-new chapters covering disorders of keratinization
- Diseases of the oral mucosa
- Diseases of the hair
- Diseases of the nails
- And cutaneous adverse reactions to drugs
- Highlights histological and diagnostic pitfalls with cross references to the relevant discussions within the text
- Every indexed topic comprehensively discussed and illustrated
- Includes 70% new, high quality histologic illustrations
- Presents the key clinical features for each entity in bulleted format for ease of reference
By J. Eduardo Calonje, MD, DipRCPath, Director of Diagnostic Dermatopathology, Department of Dermato-Histopathology, St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK; Thomas Brenn, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Consultant Dermatopathologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Pathology, Western General Hospital and The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK; Alexander J Lazar, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Sections of Dermatopathology and Sarcoma Pathology, Faculty, Sarcoma Research Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Science, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
and Phillip H. McKee, MD, FRCPath, Formerly Associate Professor of Pathology and Director, Division of Dermatopathology, Department of Surgical Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA