McKee's Pathology of the Skin, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print 2 Vol Set
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
McKee's Pathology of the Skin is the most complete, in-depth resource on dermatopathology, covering etiology, pathogenesis, disease mechanisms, and recent genetic, molecular, and basic science data. Drs. J. Eduardo Calonje, Thomas Brenn, Alexander Lazar, and Phillip McKee present new illustrations, updated chapters, and coverage of new entities such as lymphomas, cutaneous tissue tumors, diseases of the nail, and more in this extensively revised fourth edition. This new edition is an absolute must for practicing dermatopathologists and general pathologists who sign out skin biopsies. It has over 5,000 images and new chapters on the pathology of HIV/AIDS, conjunctival tumors, sentinel lymph node biopsies, laboratory techniques in dermatopathology and a section on the pathology of salivary gland tumors. Also, the chapters on disorders of keratinization and diseases of the nails have been completely updated. With access to the full text, image and video bank online at www.expertconsult.com, you'll have convenient access to the guidance you need to formulate the most accurate reports.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay current with updated and expanded coverage of diseases of the nail, cutaneous connective tissue tumors, tumors of the lymphoreticular system, and conjunctiva specimens.
- Minimize errors and formulate accurate reports by applying up-to-date molecular research tools, classification guidelines, immunohistochemical practices, and more.
- Effectively correlate your findings with clinical features through all-new, high-quality illustrations-none repeated from the previous editions-for each diagnostic entity.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank and a link to PathConsult.
- Recognize all the histological variations of any skin condition through coverage that integrates dermatopathology, clinical correlations, and clinical photographs.
- Easily reference key points thanks to bulleted lists of clinical features and differential diagnosis tables.
- Diagnose accurately using over 5,000 histopathologic and clinical illustrations that demonstrate the range of histologic manifestations.
“Unreservedly, no dermatologist or dermatopathologist can really afford to be without a copy of this truly masterly and unqiue publication”
ACP News - Association of Clinical Pathologists
"The book that no dermatologist or dermatopathologist can resist buying . . . the constant companion of the dermatopathology microscope" British Medical Journal
"Magnificent work is one of the best illustrated books available that covers the gamut of dermatopathology"
New England Journal of Medicine
"This excellent dermatopathology textbook has both high quality photomicrographs of histology and clinical photographs of many entities. This is a book of the highest quality. McKee's has the advantage of being the most current, with up-to-date material by expert authors, as well as exceptionally good illustrations."
- Barbara M. Egbert, MD, VA Palo Alto Health Care System
5 Star - Doody Rating, March 2013
By J. Eduardo Calonje, MD, DipRCPath, Director of Diagnostic Dermatopathology, Department of Dermato-Histopathology, St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK; Thomas Brenn, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Consultant Dermatopathologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Pathology, Western General Hospital and The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK; Alexander J Lazar, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Sections of Dermatopathology and Sarcoma Pathology, Faculty, Sarcoma Research Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Science, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
and Phillip H. McKee, MD, FRCPath, Formerly Associate Professor of Pathology and Director, Division of Dermatopathology, Department of Surgical Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA