The Teaching Files: Brain and Spine
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Practical and clinically focused, Brain and Spine Imaging - a title in the Teaching Files Series - provides you with over 300 interesting and well-presented cases to help you better diagnose any disease of the brain and spine. Expert in the field, Dr. Girish Fatterpekar, MD uses a logical organization throughout, making referencing difficult diagnoses easier than ever before. Detailed discussions of today's modalities and technologies keep you up to date, and challenging diagnostic questions probe your knowledge of the material. This unique, case-based resource offers you an ideal way to sharpen your diagnostic skills and study for board exams. And, with Expert Consult functionality, you'll have convenient access to the full text online, all of the book's illustrations, additional cases and images, and links to PubMed at expertconsult.com.Table of Contents
- Get expert, practical guidance from over 300 cases, and brief but thorough descriptions of findings that help you make review easier than ever before.
- Conveniently reference the full text anytime, anywhere online at expertconsult.com, including all of the book's illustrations and links to Medline.
- Test your knowledge by turning image labels on and off.
- Stay current with the most up-to-date radiologic modalities and technologies.
- Provides brief but thorough descriptions of findings putting the information you need at your fingertips.
- Expand your knowledge with references to the most important sources on specific topics of interest.
- Find key information quickly and easily thanks to consistently formatted chapters that include Demographics/Clinical History; Findings; Discussion; Characteristic/Clinical Features; Radiologic Findings; Primary Differential Diagnosis; and Suggested Readings.
- See how to resolve challenging diagnostic questions by reviewing discussions of similar cases.
"This is a teaching collection in neuroradiology of all the common and some of the uncommon conditions that a neurologists is likely to encounter in his practice. The collection is fairly comprehensive and the presentation is simple yet carries most of the essential information...The book is mainly divided into sections on the brain and spine. All the text falls on the left hand page and all the images ae on the right. This two-page approach makes the book friendly and easy to browse. The descriptions and discussion are generally precise and do provide some key references. The images are in general of good qualtiy...It will form a useful resource for revisions prior to examinations."
RAD, November 2012
By Girish Fatterpekar, MD, Assistant Professor Radiology, NYU Langone Medical Center, Section Neuroradiology, New York, New York