Therapy in Nephrology and Hypertension, 3rd Edition
A Companion to Brenner & Rector's The Kidney, Expert Consult - Online and Print
Thoroughly revised, the new edition of this companion to Brenner & Rector’s The Kidney equips you with today’s guidance to effectively manage renal and hypertension patients. International authorities emphasize the specifics of treatment while presenting field-tested advice on the best therapeutic strategies available. New chapters reflect the latest evidence impacting current clinical issues, while a new, two-color design helps you reference the information more easily. And now as an Expert Consult title, it offers convenient online access to the complete contents of the book—fully searchable—anytime, anywhere.
New to This Edition
- Includes access to a companion website—featuring the complete text, fully searchable—providing quick and convenient consultation from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Offers new chapters on erectile and sexual dysfunction, transplant immunology and immunosuppression, dietary salt restriction, and systematic vasculitis and pauci-immune glomerulonephritis that reflect new evidence impacting current clinical issues.
- Presents the contributions of newly assigned section editors—authorities in their subspecialty fields—who offer you the benefit of their practice-proven expertise.
- Provides rationales for the therapies presented to help you choose the most effective treatment for each patient.
- Features a new two-color design that presents information in a more user-friendly accessible way.
- Presents the most comprehensive text available on nephrology and hypertension treatment for a convenient single source that is easy to consult.
- Features the evidence-based guidance of leading authorities for making more informed clinical decisions.
- Offers in-depth discussions and referenced coverage of key trials to help you analyze the results and the evidence provided.
- Provides treatment algorithms and tables of commonly used drugs in each chapter for quick-access expert advice on arriving at the best and most appropriate treatment regimen.
This book includes a detailed review of the literature, and offers practical wisdom for the management of common problems in nephrology, thereby achieving its set aims.
The entire contents including tables and figures are available online using an activation code that comes with the print version. This is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in caring for people with renal problems. The superb writing style makes it useful to the entire renal care community. I would strongly recommend it.
Journal of Renal Care, October 2008
The superb writing style makes it appealing for a physician of all grades and specialities, an excellent resource for reference for current therapy in most Nephrological conditions. I would thoroughly recommend it for any clinician or health care professional working in Nephrology as it is a very easy to use this book which offers a thorough overview of current therapy in Nephrology and Hypertension.
This offers practical wisdom for the management of common problems in nephrology. Although aimed primarily at clinicians, the superb writing style and readability, makes it useful to the entire renal care community. This is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in caring for people with renal problems. I would strongly recommend it to all members of the multidisciplinary team.
Journal of Renal Care
By Christopher S. Wilcox, MD, Chief, Nephrology and Hypertension Division, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC