FREE Shipping: All Individuals in United States, Mexico, Central and South America & The Caribbean
Clinical Lipidology: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Christie M. Ballantyne, MD
Dr. Ballantyne-one of the foremost lipid experts in the world and recruited by Dr. Braunwald’s Heart Disease editorial team-together with a stellar cast of contributors provides all of the scientific and clinical information you need to effectively manage every aspect of dyslipidemia. From basic science to pathogenesis of atherothrombotic disease to risk assessment and the latest therapy options, this new title in the Braunwald’s Heart Disease family offers unparalleled coverage and expert guidance on lipidology in a straightforward, accessible, and user-friendly style. Plus, Expert Consult functionality gives you anytime, anywhere access to the full text online.
• Includes full text online access at expertconsult.com.
• Features the expertise of one of the foremost experts in the field, ensuring you get authoritative guidance with the most definitive knowledge available.
• Contains extensive clinically relevant information covering risk assessment, therapy, special patient populations, and experimental therapies, including targeting HDL to help you effectively manage any challenges you face.
• Uses treatment algorithms for easy access to key content.
• Presents current practice guidelines that assist in the decision-making process.
"This book upholds the high standards that would be expected of a companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease. It is easy to read, yet provides an in-depth understanding of lipid disorders...This book is directed at medical students, midlevel providers, physicians in training, and practicing clinicians who require a thorough understanding of dyslipidemia. It would be a welcome addition to the library of anyone focused on preventive medicine and the treatment of patients with dyslipidemia." - Doody's ***
By Christie M. Ballantyne, MD, Professor of Medicine and Genetics, Chief, Section of Cardiovascular Research, Chief, Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor of College of Medicine; Director, Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, The Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, Texas
Elsevier is a leading publisher of health science books and journals, helping to advance medicine by delivering superior education, reference information and decision support tools to doctors, nurses, health practitioners and students. With titles available across a variety of media—print, online and mobile, we are able to supply the information you need in the most convenient format.