Abdominal Imaging, 2-Volume Set
Expert Radiology Series (Expert Consult: Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Abdominal Imaging, a title in the Expert Radiology Series, edited by Drs. Dushyant Sahani and Anthony Samir, is a comprehensive 2-volume reference that encompasses both GI and GU radiology. It provides richly illustrated, advanced guidance to help you overcome the full range of diagnostic, therapeutic, and interventional challenges in abdominal imaging and combines an image-rich, easy-to-use format with the greater depth that experienced practitioners need. Online access at expertconsult.com allows you to rapidly search for images and quickly locate the answers to any questions.
- Select the best imaging approaches and effectively interpret your findings by comparing them to thousands of images that represent every modality and every type of abdominal imaging.
- Find detailed, expert guidance on all diagnostic, therapeutic, and interventional aspects of abdominal imaging in one authoritative source, including challenging topics such as Oncologic Assessment of Tumor Response and How to Scan a Difficult Patient.
- Efficiently locate the information you need with a highly templated, well-organized, at-a-glance organization.
- Access and rapidly search the complete contents online at expertconsult.com.
"In their preface editors Sahani and Samir (both with Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital) admit to some initial reservations when the publisher approached them for this project (basically, they thought it might be redundant); they describe their enlistment in the project when they understood its combination of online platform and precisely conceived text; and, finally, they confess to having fun and learning a great deal while shaping the work of more 130 contributors. Arrangement is in two volumes, beginning with imaging techniques and then proceeding to anatomically focused sections. Each of 136 chapters has been prepared according to an appropriate template for technique, anatomy, or pathology; numerous boxed summaries and tables offer quick reference to important topics; and suggested readings and references are included. Approximately 2,500 excellent quality images illustrate the text. The online platform (titled </Imaging Consult/>), providing electronic access to the contents, is included with purchase."
- Book News, Inc.
"The book is intended for two groups in diagnostic radiology: residents in training and busy practitioners. Surgeons also may benefit, using this as a library resource for imaging correlation. It is a one-stop shop for rapid review of any topic in abdominal pathology. My copy will definitely be in the reading room for ready reference for me and my residents. The editors have delivered a fantastic and comprehensive textbook for the modern radiologist."
- Charles Matthews, MD, Ochsner Clinic Foundation
5 Star - Doody Rating, March 2013
By Dushyant Sahani, MD, Director, CT Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA and Anthony Samir