Netter's Atlas of Neuroscience, 2nd Edition
with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Master the neuroscience fundamentals needed for the classroom and beyondTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Netter’s Atlas of Neuroscience, by David L. Felten and Anil N. Shetty, is an atlas and textbook that combines nearly 400 illustrations and radiologic images highlighting key neuroanatomical concepts and clinical correlations with updated information that reflects our current understanding of the nervous system. It offers user-friendly coverage in three parts—an overview of the nervous system, regional neuroscience, and systemic neuroscience—that enable you to review complex neural structures and systems from different contexts. Online access to Student Consult—where you’ll find the complete fully searchable contents of the book...videos of imaging sequences...links to relevant content in other Student Consult titles...and more—further enhances your study and helps to prepare you for exams.
- Presents nearly 400 exquisite Netter and Netter-style illustrations that highlight key neuroscience concepts and clinical correlations, providing you with a quick and memorable overview of anatomy, function, and clinical relevance.
- Provides concise text for fast, “at-a-glance” guidance.
- Features a regional organization of the peripheral nervous system, spinal cord, brain stem and cerebellum, and forebrain...and a systemic organization of the sensory motor systems, motor systems (including cerebellum and basal ganglia), and limbic/hypothalmic/autonomic systems...that makes reference easier and more efficient.
- Features high-quality imaging—high-resolution MRI in coronal and axial (horizontal) planes and brain stem cross-sections—as well MR angiography and venography and classical arteriography—for an enhanced perspective of intricacies of the nervous system.
- Presents updated information and new figures that reflect the current understanding of the neural components and supportive tissue, regions, and systems of the brain, spinal cord, and periphery, to ensure that you have the latest knowledge.
- Offers schematic cross-sectional brain stem anatomy and axial and coronal brain anatomy—with side-by-side comparisons with labeled MRs—to better illustrate the correlation between neuroanatomy and neurology.
- Provides new 3D color pixelated imaging of commissural, association, and projection pathways of the brain.
- Features Clinical Notes boxes that emphasize the clinical application of fundamental neuroscience.
- Incudes online access to Student Consult where you’ll find the complete fully searchable contents of the book...3-D imaging sequences...links to relevant content in other Student Consult titles...and more...to further enhance your study and help you prepare for exams.
By David L. Felten, MD, PhD, The William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, USA; and Anil Shetty, PhD, Chief, MR Physics, Diagnostic Radiology, William Beaumont Hospital; Adjunct Professor of Radiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Royal Oak, MI