Instant Work-ups: A Clinical Guide to Medicine
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Instant Workups: Clinical Guide to Medicine, by Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, is a portable pocket resource and quick refresher that helps you develop and refine your diagnostic skills. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear workup plans for the 70 most commonly encountered medical conditions, providing you with quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient. Topics are organized alphabetically and cover the signs, symptoms, and abnormal lab readings for each condition. Replace information taken from memory or multiple references with one concise, indispensable book so you can make accurate diagnoses in less time!
- Covers the 70 most commonly encountered medical conditions to provide you with a practical and useful manual for daily practice.
- Reflects how a patient actually presents with an organization by presenting sign, symptom, or lab abnormality.
- Includes a brief background discussion on each topic, followed by lists of important related materials (such as medications that may contribute to each condition) and laboratory and/or radiographic tests to be ordered.
- Describes each diagnostic test so you can refresh or familiarize yourself with the purpose of the test.
- Provides a sound framework for building a workup with algorithms for each topic.
By Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, Program Director, Director of Residency Research Curriculum, Family Medicine Residency Program, Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills, Woodland Hills CA; Assistant Clinical Instructor, Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Partner Physician Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Woodland Hills, CA