Sabiston and Spencer's Surgery of the Chest, 8th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print (2-Volume Set)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Through seven successful editions, Sabiston & Spencer Surgery of the Chest has set the standard in cardiothoracic surgery references. Now, the new 8th Edition, edited by Frank W. Sellke, MD, Pedro J. del Nido, MD, and Scott J. Swanson, MD, carries on this tradition with updated coverage of today's essential clinical knowledge from leaders worldwide. Guidance divided into three major sections—Adult Cardiac Surgery, Congenital Heart Surgery, and Thoracic Surgery—lets you quickly find what you need, while new and revised chapters reflect all of the important changes within this rapidly evolving specialty. Expert Consult functionality—new to this edition—enables you to access the complete contents of the 2-volume set from anyplace with an Internet connection for convenient consultation where and when you need it. This is an ideal source for mastering all of the most important current knowledge and techniques in cardiac and thoracic surgery—whether for specialty board review or day-to-day practice.
New to This Edition
- Features online access to the complete contents of the 2-volume text at expertconsult.com for convenient anytime, anywhere reference.
- Covers the hottest topics shaping today's practice, including the latest theory and surgical techniques for mitral valve disease, advances in the treatment of congenital heart disease, minimally invasive surgical approaches to the treatment of adult and congenital cardiac disease and thoracic disease, stent grafting for aortic disease, and cell-based therapies.
- Features short, focused chapters that help you find exactly what you need.
- Presents the work of international contributors who offer a global view of the entire specialty.
- Covers thoracic surgery as well as adult and pediatric cardiac surgery for a practical and powerful single source.
- Includes nearly 1,100 illustrations that help to clarify key concepts.
"This is undoubtedly the most comprehensive textbook on surgery of the chest...[It] must be considered an essential reference source not only for all thoracic surgeons, but also for all physicians, residents, and students concerned with diseases of the chest." - Annals of Surgery, review of the last edition
"This is simply the most comprehensive textbook in the specialty. It reviews all the important topics in an organized fashion and in great depth. The rapidly evolving nature of the specialty demands the replacement of the previous edition with this new updated edition."- Doody’s 5 stars!
By Frank Sellke, MD, Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Karl E. Karlson and Gloria A. Karlson Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, and The Miriam Hospital; Co-Director of the Lifespan Heart Center, Providence, Rhode Island; Visiting Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.; Pedro J. del Nido, MD, Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Senior Associate in Cardiovascular Surgery, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA and Scott Swanson, MD, Eugene F. Friedman Professor of Oncology; Chief Division of Thoracic Surgery, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY