LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating Pocket Guide, 2nd Edition
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
Perfect for everyday reference, on-the-job training, or education, this handy pocket guide includes a wealth of information you need to succeed in health unit coordinating. This new edition includes even more lists and tables containing step-by-step procedures, practical tips, bulleted lists, and thumb tabs for quick reference!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- More lists and tables make finding information quick and easy. Add your own notes on the blank pages provided in the back of the guide.Two appendices - Medical/Diagnostic/Surgical Terms and Commonly Ordered Medications - provide even more practical information on topics you’ll see in practice.
- Includes practical tips for carrying out job responsibilities in the work environment.
- Find information on both paper charts and electronic medical records in the Maintaining the Patient’s Chart chapter.
- Step-By-Step Procedures provide a quick guide to your daily tasks.
- Transcribing Doctors’ Orders chapter provides instructions on transcription and recognizing the many types of orders.
- Staying organized is easy with a personal record-keeping section that includes telephone number and time management pages.
By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ; and Monica Wadsworth Seibel, BS, MEd, CHUC, Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ