LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating Pocket Guide, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Perfect for everyday reference, on-the-job training, or education, this handy pocket guide includes a wealth of information you need to succeed in health unit coordinating. This new edition includes even more lists and tables containing step-by-step procedures, practical tips, bulleted lists, and thumb tabs for quick reference!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- More lists and tables make finding information quick and easy. Add your own notes on the blank pages provided in the back of the guide.Two appendices — Medical/Diagnostic/Surgical Terms and Commonly Ordered Medications — provide even more practical information on topics you’ll see in practice.
- Includes practical tips for carrying out job responsibilities in the work environment.
- Find information on both paper charts and electronic medical records in the Maintaining the Patient’s Chart chapter.
- Step-By-Step Procedures provide a quick guide to your daily tasks.
- Transcribing Doctors’ Orders chapter provides instructions on transcription and recognizing the many types of orders.
- Staying organized is easy with a personal record-keeping section that includes telephone number and time management pages.
By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ; and Monica Wadsworth Seibel, BS, MEd, CHUC, Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ