Principles of Pulmonary Medicine, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Concise and easy to read, this completely updated new edition correlates basic pathophysiologic principles with the radiologic, pathologic, and clinical aspects of disease to provide an integrated, user-friendly approach to the study of pulmonary medicine. In addition to detailed text, case-based questions cover topics including interpretation of pulmonary function tests, physiologic data, and results of arterial blood gas testing. More than 120 high-quality images complement the discussion of specific diseases and provide a clear framework for understanding difficult pulmonary concepts. The text provides updated coverage of diagnostic modalities in pulmonary disease, as well as management of asthma, lung cancer, respiratory failure, pulmonary hypertension, and other important pulmonary diseases. A new, web-based interactive learning tool box offers additional radiographic images, audio clips of lung sounds, and self-assessment questions modeled after the questions found on the USMLE exams. In print and online, this is an essential resource for mastering the foundations of pulmonary medicine.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes access to a web-based interactive learning tool box, featuring additional chest radiographs, audio clips of lung sounds, and self-assessment questions that test your ability to apply physiologic principles to quantitative problems, modeled after the questions found on the USMLE.
- Presents updated coverage of diagnostic modalities used in pulmonary disease, as well as management of asthma, lung cancer, respiratory failure, pulmonary hypertension, and other important pulmonary diseases to help you choose the most effective course of patient treatment.
- Guides you through the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology relevant to major pulmonary disorders, and then focuses on the clinical aspects and treatment of specific diseases.
- Presents more than 120 high-quality images which complement the discussion of specific diseases and provide a clear framework for understanding difficult pulmonary concepts.
- Uses margin notes throughout the text that summarize and highlight critical information for quick review.
- Features case-based questions covering topics including pulmonary function tests, physiologic data, and results of arterial blood gas testing, that help you apply the material to real-life practice.
By Steven E. Weinberger, MD, FACP, Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania; Senior Vice President for Medical Knowledge and Education, American College of Physicians, Philadelphia, PA; Barbara A. Cockrill, MD, Clinical Director, Pulmonary Vascular Disease Program, Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; and Jess Mandel, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Dean, Division of Medical Education, UC San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA