The Sectional Anatomy Learning System, 3rd Edition
Concepts and Applications 2-Volume Set
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$109.95|
Designed to provide a thorough understanding of sectional anatomy, this unique, two-volume set is a complete, easy-to-use learning package. Volume 1, “Concepts,” presents detailed, readable descriptions of sectional anatomy of the entire body broken down into body systems. It focuses on how different structures within a system are related, so you can form a clear picture of how everything fits together. The text is highlighted with many new labeled diagnostic images, including radiographs, CT, MR, and sonograms. Volume 2, “Applications,” is an interactive workbook with coloring, labeling, and other exercises designed to help you identify the structures most commonly encountered in various imaging techniques.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Many more labeled, high-quality images, including MRI, CT and sonography help you learn anatomy using real-life images you’ll see in clinics and in practice.
- Quick Check Questions test your understanding of the material as you progress through the chapters.
- Important Anatomical Relationships section describes relationships between anatomical structures and refers you to relevant images.
- Working with Images sections in each body system chapter provide additional discussion and diagnostic images, helping you learn to identify anatomical structures with a variety of imaging modalities.
- List of Key Terms at the beginning of each chapter alert you to the terms you need to watch for before you read.
- More exercises with diagnostic images in the Applications volume, giving additional opportunities to identify and label anatomic structures on actual images.
- Answers to all Quick Check questions are given in the back of the book, allowing for immediate feedback; answers to the other questions and exercises are available online on Evolve.
- Evolve Online Resources contains images of cadaver sections, allowing you to see anatomy related to the line drawings in the book.
- Helpful features include: chapter outlines, chapter objectives, pathology boxes, summary tables of anatomical information, review questions, chapter quizzes, and a glossary.
- Interactive exercises include labeling, anatomical coloring, short answer questions, and “Chapter Recall” tests.
By Edith J. Applegate, PhD, MS, Professor of Biological Sciences, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH