Acute Coronary Syndromes: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Acute Coronary Syndromes-a Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease-covers the state-of-the-art scientific and clinical information you need to rapidly evaluate and manage acute coronary syndromes. Dr. Pierre Theroux and his team of expert contributors present advances in diagnostic and imaging techniques such as biomarkers, nuclear cardiology, echocardiography, and multislice CT; secondary prevention; and new antiplatelet, anti-ischemic, and gene therapies…in print and online.
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book online at expertconsult.com.
- See techniques and procedures in greater detail and clarity through the all-new full-color design.
- Approach treatment with a global perspective from the new section on Population-Based Perspective that discusses the INTERHEART study, insights from the REACH registry, lessons learned from European registries, and ACS in North America.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of ACS through coverage of pathophysiology, molecular mechanisms, the role of the immune system, and brand-new chapters on cell necrosis and cell regeneration and pharmacogenetics in the section on Disease-Based Perspectives.
Integrate the latest testing and treatment techniques into your practice thanks to new chapters on biomarkers in acute ischemic heart disease; the role of noninvasive testing in prognostic risk stratification; the culprit lesions and patient at risk; non-responsiveness to antiplatelet therapy; bleeding in the acute coronary syndromes; and the refractory patient.
- Tap into the most definitive knowledge available from one of the leading experts in the field and a stellar cast of contributors.
- Understand the special considerations for the care of acute coronary syndromes in the emergency department and the coronary care unit.
Effectively handle the treatment of special populations and chronic patients thanks to coverage of these challenges
By Pierre Theroux, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of Montreal; Head Coronary Care Unit, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Canada