Skeletal Trauma in Children, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Print and Online
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Obtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of pediatric orthopaedic trauma experts! This companion to Browner et al.: Skeletal Trauma, 4th Edition presents practical, focused guidance on managing traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents. It emphasizes the unique aspects of children's fractures in terms of epidemiology, mechanisms, management, and the challenges of treating the skeletally immature patient. State-of-the-art coverage explores growth and development, pathology, complications, child abuse, sports medicine...and almost every possible break from head to toe. A new chapter on sports-related trauma helps you to manage these increasingly prevalent injuries. And, a new, full-color page layout makes it easier to locate the answers you need quickly.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A new chapter on sports-related musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents helps you to manage the growing incidence of trauma resulting from recreational and team sports injuries.
- An all-new, more user-friendly full-color text design enables you to find answers more quickly, and more efficiently review the key steps of each operative technique.
- Complete, absolutely current coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics • mechanisms of injury • diagnostic approaches • treatment options • and associated complications equip you to confidently approach every form of pediatric musculoskeletal trauma.
- Internationally recognized contributors include pediatric orthopaedists with trauma expertise as well as specialists in orthopaedic traumatology, providing expert guidance from the most trusted authorities in pediatric musculoskeletal trauma care.
- A unique emphasis on outcomes assessment in children’s fractures helps you make the most valid clinical decisions.
- Over 800 high-quality line drawings, diagnostic images, and full-color clinical photos show you what to look for and how to proceed.
- An emphasis on problem-focused clinical judgment and state-of-the art treatment options assists you in making the best use of the newest techniques.
"A high-quality, well-illustrated, and efficient text." - JBJS, review of the last edition
"This current and well written book covers all important aspects of pediatric orthopedic trauma. I strongly recommend it to all orthopedists caring for children, as well as orthopedic residents and pediatric orthopedic fellows.Emergency room physicians, pediatricians, and other primary care doctors can make use of this excellent resource."- Doody's Review
"This book is easy to read and contains everything that a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon or a senior trainee would require for the management of skeletal trauma. It is ideal for day to day practice and is certainly well referenced."
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, January 2010
By Neil E. Green, MD, Professor and Vice Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Head of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, TN; and Marc F. Swiontkowski, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN