Small Animal Diagnostic Ultrasound, 3rd Edition
Now in full-color with over 750 vivid images located near their text descriptions, Small Animal Diagnostic Ultrasound, 3rd Edition is the must-have resource for coverage of the basic principles of ultrasonography in small animal medical care. Using a logical body-systems approach, where chapters are organized from "head to tail," this third edition offers completely revised and up-to-date information regarding the latest techniques, applications, and developments in ultrasonography - including expanded coverage of Doppler imaging principles and new gross anatomic and pathological specimen images. Also new to this edition are 100 video clips (housed on a companion website) that demonstrate normal and abnormal conditions as they appear in ultrasound scans.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Color Design includes over 750 images appearing near their text mentions.
- NEW! Approximately 100 video clips located on the companion website demonstrate conditions as they appear to an ultrasonographer.
- NEW! Updated and expanded coverage of Doppler imaging principles and applications, including non-cardiac organs and abdominal vasculature, keep you up to date in this critical area.
- NEW! Gross anatomic and pathological specimen images accompany the ultrasound images to help orient you to the tissues under study.
- Head-to-tail chapter organization makes finding specific information quick and easy.
- The most up-to-date ultrasound imaging techniques ensure you stay on top of the industry.
- Online glossary contains over 400 terms offer a more complete understanding of ultrasonography.
By John S. Mattoon, DVM, DACVR, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA and Thomas G. Nyland, DVM, MS, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, Professor, Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA