Atlas of Endocrine Surgical Techniques
A Volume in the Surgical Techniques Atlas Series
Atlas of Endocrine Surgical Techniques, a title in the new Surgical Techniques Atlas series edited by Drs. Townsend and Evers, presents state-of-the-art updates on the full range of endocrine surgical techniques performed today. Drs. Duh, Clark, and Kebebew, along with esteemed international contributors, offer you expert advice on a variety of endocrine surgical techniques, including laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures to help you expand your repertoire and hone your clinical skills. Full-color illustrations and photographs enhance visual guidance and Expert Consult functionality gives you easy access to the full text online at expertconsult.com.
- Includes convenient access to the full-text online as well as procedural videos that highlight pivotal moments and the techniques of the physicians who pioneered the procedures, showing you how to proceed.
- Offers step-by-step guidance on a variety of endocrine surgical techniques, giving you more options for the challenges you face.
- Discusses the hottest topics in endocrine surgery, including minimally invasive techniques that result in shorter recovery times and better outcomes for patients.
- Presents more than 400 full-color illustrations and step-by-step intraoperative photographs for expert visual guidance.
- Discusses pearls and pitfalls to help you avoid complications.
- Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes clinical anatomy, pre-operative considerations, operative steps, and post-operative care to make reference easy.
By Quan-Yang Duh, MD, Professor of Surgery in Residence, Chief, Section of Endocrine Surgery, Assistant Chief, Surgical Service, VA Medical Center, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; Orlo H. Clark, MD, Professor of Surgery, Chief of Surgery Mt. Zion Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA and Electron Kebebew, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery in Residence, Department of Surgery, Mount Zion Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA