Manual Physical Therapy of the Spine
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
A hands-on, how-to approach helps you learn techniques and clinical problem-solving skills for treating spine and TMJ disorders! Written by a well-known authority on the subject of spinal manipulation in physical therapy, this book provides the information you need to make sound decisions during clinical interventions. An evidence-based impairment classification approach helps you provide the best outcomes for your patients. A companion DVD includes video clips demonstrating spinal examination and manipulation procedures. Specifically for physical therapists dedicated to spinal manipulation!Table of Contents
- Complete coverage meets the core curriculum needs of physical therapy students, and provides an excellent self-study tool for clinicians wanting to enhance their practice.
- Detailed information on treatment strategies and techniques includes evidence-based coverage of the examination and treatment of spine and TMJ disorders, with an emphasis on integration of manipulation and therapeutic exercise.
- A framework for completing a comprehensive exam includes medical screening, patient interview, disability assessment, and tests and measures, along with an evaluation of the examination findings and the principles involved in arriving at a diagnosis and plan of care.
- Narrated video clips on a companion DVD include step-by-step instructions of each procedure, plus a unique 3-dimensional perspective of over 80 spinal manipulations and procedures (frontal, lateral, and cranial views).
- A DVD icon in the book links the text discussion to the DVD.
- Case studies demonstrate the clinical reasoning used in manual physical therapy.
- Guide to Physical Therapist Practice terminology is used throughout the book, making the content easier to understand and promoting conformity in terminology.
- Clear photographs show essential concepts and procedures from multiple angles, illustrating hand and body placement and direction of force.
- A clear, consistent format makes this a convenient reference in the clinical setting.
- Lay-flat binding allows the text to lay open for ease of use.
By Kenneth A. Olson, PT, DHSc, OCS, FAAOMPT, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Physical Therapy, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL