Arthritis in Color
Advanced Imaging of Arthritis
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Arthritis in Color helps you understand the recent advances in the use of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound for the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis. Written by three authorities in the field—Michael A. Bruno, MD; Gary E. Gold, MD; and Timothy J. Mosher, MD—and including more than 600 images, 300 in full color, this book gives you access to the current understanding and future directions in this dynamic field. With coverage of everything from the basic to the advanced, you’ll have the guidance you need to make the most accurate diagnoses.Table of Contents
- Provides correlation images that depict the disease process on ultrasound, MRI, and plain radiographs to allow you to confirm a diagnosis quickly and easily.
- Explores MRI and ultrasound as more effective approaches to diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis due to their superior evaluation of soft tissues, marrow, and cartilage.
- Features more than 600 digital quality images—300 in full color—that clearly illustrate the material being presented.
- Includes examples of pathology with color illustrations to help you arrive at more accurate diagnoses.
- Covers both basic and advanced concepts for a well-rounded, well-balanced approach suitable for the novice or the expert.
- Presents the expert guidance of Michael A. Bruno, Gary E. Gold, and Timothy J. Mosher—instructors of the popular annual course at the American Roentgen Ray Society on Advanced Imaging in Arthritis—for a consistent, accessible style.
"Its focus is on providing an in-depth, referenced review of imaging in predominately the osteo- and rheumatoid variants of arthritis with an emphasis placed on current and developing techniques. This it does very well. The text is well laid out and easy to read and supplemented by numerous images of good quality. The majority of textbooks on this subject are more than five years old. Overall, this book represents a good, up-to-date summary of established and novel techniques in the imaging of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis."
Dr. Asif Saiffudin, RAD Magazine, December 2009
"The book is very well written. The authors have taken technical subject matter and discussed it in readable prose. Their discussions are thoughtful and thorough but not exhausting to read. The schematic illustrations and radiographic images are superb throughout the text. Incorporating clinical advances in the management of arthritis, both medical and surgical, gives the reader a better understanding of new paradigms in disease management......The reader is left with a new appreciation for arthritis. This book would be most useful to radiology residents, musculoskeletal fellows, and practicing radiologists."
Stephen Sabourin, MD, Department of Radiology, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
"I could do nothing but come to the conclusion that the author has a profound understanding of this imaging method.... The text throughout the book is easy to follow, and is clinically oriented, which makes the book useful in clinical practice. The MRI techniques are particularly well described, and these methods may be relatively easily implemented in everyday imaging. There are more than 600 images, which are of good or excellent quality.... This book did indeed fulfill my expectations. It is a welcome new publication, and is highly recommended reading for every radiologist involved with arthritis imaging." Acta Radiologica, 2009
By Michael A. Bruno, MD, Director of Quality and Safety; Associate Professor of Radiology and Medicine, Department of Radiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA; Gary E. Gold, Assistant Professor of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA; and Timothy J. Mosher, Associate Professor of Radiology and Orthopedics, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging, MRI, and Radiology Research, Department of Radiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA