Atlas of Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques
A Volume in the Surgical Techniques Atlas Series (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Atlas of Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques, by Drs. Ashley Haralson Vernon and Stanley W. Ashley, provides the guidance you need to master these procedures - used more frequently due to reduced patient risks, improved outcomes, and rapidly advancing technologies. With discussions of complications of adjustable gastric banding, laparoscopic pancreatico-jejunostomy, endoscopic component separation, minimally invasive esophagectomy, laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, and more; high-quality anatomic line drawings; and procedural videos online at www.expertconsult.com, this volume in the Surgical Techniques Atlas Series delivers all the help you need to stay on the cutting edge of minimally invasive surgery.Table of Contents
- Watch key surgical techniques performed by experts in procedural videos online at www.expertconsult.com, where you’ll also find the fully searchable text and a gallery of downloadable images.
- Master both laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques with step-by-step instructions for a full range of minimally invasive procedures.
- See exactly how to perform techniques from 200 detailed anatomic line drawings from laparascopic and endoscopic perspectives rendered from video still shots that correspond to the accompanying videos.
- Stay current on the latest developments in minimally invasive surgery, including complications of adjustable gastric banding, laparoscopic pancreatico-jejunostomy, endoscopic component separation, minimally invasive esophagectomy, and laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Choose the best procedural option for each patient thanks to coverage of variations on techniques (for example, handsewn gastrojejunal anastomosis as an alternative to the linear stapler technique).
"This is a gem for trainee surgeons. It will allow them to quickly comprehend various laparoscopic procedures as well as to understand and assist more effectively. One major advantage over other books of the same genre is the use of bullet-point presentations of patient positions, instruments, and anatomy." Paul Jose, MBBS, MS, MRCS, MD (University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics) Doody Review Services
By Ashley Haralson Vernon, Associate Surgeon, Birgham and Women's Hospital, Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Boston, MA and Stanley W. Ashley, MD