Otologic Surgery, 3rd Edition
with Video, Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Otologic Surgery—the third edition of this invaluable surgical reference—has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest advances in the field and covers all aspects of surgery of the ear and skull base. Derald E. Brackmann, MD, Clough Shelton, MD, and Moises A. Arriaga, MD bring you seven new chapters on the hot topics of Cartilage Tympanoplasty, Reversible Canal Wall Down Mastiodectomy, Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Far Lateral Transcondylar Approach, Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, and Vascular Considerations in Neurotology. These extensive updates, along with the inclusion of new contributors and the elimination of redundant chapters, ensure that this book provides you with the essential information you need to choose and perform state-of-the-art surgical techniques. The companion web site at expertconsult.com features the fully searchable text, as well as a video library and question and answer section.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features the fully searchable text online at expertconsult.com, with references linked to Medline, a question and answer section ideal for board review, and a video library of procedures for convenient access and reference.
- Includes seven new chapters—Cartilage Tympanoplasty, Reversible Canal Wall Down Mastiodectomy, Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Far Lateral Transcondylar Approach, Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, and Vascular Considerations in Neurotology—for coverage of hot topics and the latest advances in technique.
- Presents new contributors for 14 chapters to provide you with authoritative coverage and the dynamic perspectives of leaders in the field.
- Streamlines the content by eliminating four redundant chapters of dated techniques so you only have the information you need.
- Discusses controversies and alternate approaches so you can make a well-informed decision from the full range of choices.
- Presents the expertise and insights from more than 50 leading specialists to provide you with authoritative advice on surgical problems.
- Provides detailed visual guidance on how to perform procedures through step-by-step illustrations.
By Derald Brackmann, MD, Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Southern California School of Medicine; President, House Ear Clinic; Board of Directors, House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, CA; Clough Shelton, MD, Professor, Neuro-Otology and Skull Base Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT and Moses A. Arriaga, MD, Professor of Otolaryngology and Neurosurgery, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA