Shoulder Arthroscopy, 2nd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Expert arthroscopy advice from a world-renowned shoulder surgeonTable of Contents
New to This Edition
The new edition of this step-by-step guide covers the entire spectrum of operative shoulder arthroscopy from initial operation room set-up through advanced reconstructive procedures. View all-new illustrations and apply the latest treatment options for Bankart repair, SLAP repair, and repair of a full range of rotator cuff lesions, along with strategies for stiff shoulders and osteoarthritis. The included DVD narrated by Dr. Gartsman demonstrates exactly how to complete both simple and complex operations in over three hours of video clips. Whether you are a novice or an experienced shoulder surgeon, improve your technique with the expertise of Dr. Gartsman.
- Provides detailed step-by-step descriptions of Dr. Gartsman’s approach—including variations and complications—so that you can reproduce his results.
- Emphasizes re-operative planning and associated outcome data to give you a scientific basis for treatment recommendations.
- Includes a DVD with video clips of procedures demonstrating Dr. Gartsman’s surgical techniques.
- Provides revised content and new illustrations, with coverage of the latest instrumentation so you get a fresh, up-to-date approach to the subject matter.
- Presents the most current scientific data on the treatment outcomes of specific conditions and techniques so you make the best-informed decisions.
- Features two new chapters on Diagnostic Ultrasound and Suprascapular Nerve Release for state-of-the-art arthroscopic diagnostic and management tools, including arthroscopic Latarjet for recurrent dislocation.
- Includes ten additional surgical videos on the bonus DVD, such as routine cuff with Elite, instability with Ethibonds, knot tying.
By Gary M. Gartsman, MD, Clinical Professor, Director, Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, Fondren Orthopaedic Group, Houston, TX