Study Guide for Today's Medical Assistant
Clinical & Administrative Procedures
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Assess your knowledge, enhance your critical thinking capabilities, and apply the skills you’ve learned in Today’s Medical Assistant with this engaging study guide! This comprehensive collection of review tools, application exercises, and expert insight provides a fun, practical way to strengthen your understanding of concepts and procedures from the text and ensure complete preparation for success in medical assisting!Table of Contents
- Key Term Assessments reinforce your grasp of important medical terminology.
- Pretests and Posttests help you assess your content knowledge and perfect your test-taking skills.
- Critical Thinking Activities correlated directly to the text challenge you to apply what you’ve learned to realistic patient scenarios.
- Procedure checklists make it easy to track procedure performance.
- Labeling Exercises in the anatomy chapters let you practice identifying anatomic structures.
- Evaluation of Learning short-answer questions enable you to gauge your understanding of each chapter’s primary topics and discussion points.
- Practice for Competency charts help you practice clinical skills and track your progress.
- Evaluation of Competency checklists allow you to compare your performance to the stated objectives and performance standards and assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Medication flash cards make it easier to learn and understand important drug information.
- A Road to Recovery game provides a fun, interactive way to practice your responses to realistic medical office scenarios.
- Crossword Puzzles help you review terms and concepts in an engaging, entertaining format.
- Pharmacology Math Review exercises refresh your mathematic skills with real-world scenarios and equations similar to those you’ll encounter in practice.
- An Externship Evaluation helps you keep track of your work experience and prepare for a successful transition into the professional environment.
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants; Sue Hunt, MA, RN, CMA (AAMA), Former Professor and Coordinator, Medical Assisting Program, Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA; and Edith J. Applegate, PhD, MS, Professor of Biological Sciences, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH