Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.95|
Completely updated, the 3rd edition of this practical textbook introduces you to basic anatomy and physiology - covering need-to-know principles with real-world examples that make key concepts easy to understand. It’s logically organized into 17 chapters that each explores a particular body system. This edition is easier to use than ever, offering an engaging new layout with more than 200 color illustrations, as well as new Tools for Learning that lead you through each chapter, highlighting important topics and helping you strengthen and assess your understanding of anatomy and physiology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Tools for Learning guide you through each chapter for a more focused study experience:
- Learning Objectives appear after main headings to help you concentrate on important information.
- Quiz Yourself questions at the end of each major section allow you to reinforce and test your comprehension of key concepts.
- Chapter Summaries illustrate how the topics covered in each chapter support the Learning Objectives.
- Part captions - now integrated into the illustrations - clearly explain core concepts and highlight important principles demonstrated by the images.
- An enhanced Evolve companion website offers additional learning exercises, including:
- Panorama of Anatomy and Physiology program with interactive quizzes, movie clips, fun facts, and information on careers related to A&P.
- Body Spectrum Electronic Coloring Book that offers 80 detailed anatomy illustrations you can color online or print out to color and study.
- Audio glossary
- The reader-friendly approach features a conversational writing style to enhance readability and comprehension.
- More than 200 full-color illustrations with captions clearly demonstrate core concepts and reinforce important principles.
- Chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter provide an overview of the material that will be covered.
- Key terms, many with phonetic pronunciation guides, are located throughout the chapters.
- Chapter quizzes and review questions reinforce and assess your understanding of key chapter content.
- Useful appendices include information on medical terminology, as well as answers to the chapter quizzes.
- An extensive glossary provides definitions for all key terms, as well as many additional terms that may be unfamiliar.