Hunter's Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Disease, 9th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Disease is your comprehensive, go-to resource on the health conditions that arise in the tropics! From infectious diseases through environmental issues, poisoning and toxicology, animal injuries, and nutritional and micronutrient deficiencies, this medical reference book provides you with all the guidance you need to diagnose and manage even the most exotic health concerns. Stay at the forefront of this ever-changing field with Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Disease!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay abreast of the latest maladies seen in returning travelers through useful chapters on delusional parasitosis, international adoptions, transplant patients, medical tourism, and more.
- Access the most up-to-date information on emerging and re-emerging diseases (such as H1N1), and see how progression occurs through all-new illustrative life cycles.
- Hone your techniques with a new skills-based section which includes dentistry, neonatal pediatrics and ICMI, and surgery in the tropics, and a service-based section covering transfusion in resource-poor settings, microbiology, and imaging.
- Learn everything you need to know about infrequently encountered tropical drugs and their practical application in the clinical setting.
- Seamlessly search the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Understand the common characteristics and methods of transmission for each disease , and learn all the applicable diagnosis, treatment, control, and prevention techniques.
- Get the information you need in the most organized way with infectious agents arranged by syndromes, as they typically present.
"Much has changed in both the epidemiology and treatment of tropical diseases since 2000 when the 8th edition of this book was published. As such, its primary objective of being a concise clinical resource for practitioners of tropical medicine has been retained and updated under the editorial leadership of new authors and includes new sections such as "The Sick Returning Traveler."- Winnie Ooi, MD, MPH, DMD (Harvard Medical School) Doody Review Services!
By Alan J. Magill, MD, FACP, FIDSA, COL / MC, US Army (retired)
; Edward T Ryan; Tom Solomon and David R Hill, MD DTM&H FRCP FFTM FASTM, Professor of Medical Sciences, Director of Global Public Health, Frank H. Netter MD, School of Medicine, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT, USA