Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
A masterwork in three volumes, this comprehensive resource provides in-depth information to help you perfect your oral and maxillofacial surgical technique and provide state-of-the-art care for your patients. The full scope of the field is represented with up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of every surgical procedure performed today, including orthognathic surgery, trauma surgery, surgical pathology, surgery of TM disorders, placement of dental implants, cleft palate correction, dentoalveolar surgery, craniofacial surgery, cosmetic surgery, and reconstructive surgery. More than 2,600 high-quality images and illustrations, plus 32-page color inserts in each volume, serve as valuable visual references. You’ll also find complete guidelines for a wide range of practice issues such as anesthesia, diagnostic imaging, treatment planning, rehabilitation and physical therapy, psychological considerations, and office design and ergonomics.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A new team of volume and section editors offers a fresh perspective on oral and maxillofacial surgery, bringing their experience and expertise to the topics featured in this edition.
- More than 80 new chapters keep you up to date with the latest advances in dentoaveolar, orthagnathic, cleft, craniofacial, and cosmetic surgery, as well as implants, trauma, pathology, and TMJ disorders.
- Over 100 new, highly-detailed illustrations — created by a leading medical illustrator — help you quickly visualize and retain new concepts and techniques.
- A new 32-page color insert in each volume shows intricate detail of important photos and drawings.
- New anesthesia and pain control information brings you the most recent guidelines from the ASDA.
- Expanded coverage of office management offers valuable advice on helping you improve office design and ergonomics.
- The contemporary aesthetic surgery section equips you to provide popular cosmetic services such as browlifts, facial chemical peels, botox injections, facial skin fillers, and facial implants.
- Case reports throughout the book enable you to follow the treatment progress of patients with a variety of disorders and conditions, from preoperative to postoperative.
- Volume I: Anesthesia and Pain Control, Dentoalveolar Surgery, Practice Management, Implant Surgery brings you authoritative coverage of office-based procedures, including extractions, implants, and biopsies.
- Volume II: Trauma, Surgical Pathology, Temporomandibular Disorders focuses on trauma surgery and surgery of TMJ disorders.
- Volume III: Orthognathic Surgery, Esthetic Surgery, Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery primarily covers hospital-based procedures for developmental or congenital disorders.
- Complete considerations for pediatric and geriatric patients help you effectively meet the needs of these special populations.
By Raymond J. Fonseca, DMD, Private Practice, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Asheville; Clinical Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Timothy A. Turvey, DDS, Professor and Chairman, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; and Robert D. Marciani, DMD, Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chief Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH