Netter's Essential Physiology
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Let the beautiful illustrations and diagrams from the Netter collection enhance your understanding of physiology. Respected physiologists, Susan Mulroney and Adam Myers of Georgetown University School of Medicine, provide you with a logical and highly readable reference, ideal for a basic understanding of the subject, a comprehensive overview, or as a supplement to lectures. Organized by organ system, each section is followed by a set of review questions to reinforce what’s been covered. Clinical examples demonstrate key physiology concepts and their application in general medicine.Table of Contents
- Features the beautifully clear drawings and diagrams from the Netter collection to illustrate key concepts and further your visual understanding of the subject.
- Integrates basic science with clinical examples so that you can understand and apply principles to practice.
- Follows the clinical orientation of board exams with an emphasis on disease processes to cover pathophysiology.
- Features anatomical and histological illustrations that are ideal for integrating material in new systems-based medical and health science curricula.
- Provides self-assessment review questions at the end of each chapter to help you practice and prepare for exams and boards.
- Includes Student Consult access to the electronic version of the text and other supplementary material.
"The book provides an integrated view of bodily function at all levels, with special attention given to essential aspects and difficult concepts in physiology. Numerous detailed illustrations address different learning styles and increase understanding. In line with these objectives, the book will contribute significantly to successful learning when used with other sources of information or instruction, and will serve as a handy resource for students in their physiology courses and beyond.
This book presents the information extremely well. It complements existing textbooks (e.g., Human Anatomy and Physiology, 8th edition, Marieb et al. (Pearson, 2010); Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach, 5th edition, Silverthorn (Pearson, 2010)), but also expands on the information and contributes to understanding by providing exceptional illustrations and detail. Images from this book would be useful in instruction and in self-study, increasing comprehension and success for students who learn more effectively through different modalities.Weighted Numerical Score: 94 - 4 Stars!" -- Kristin L. Gosselink, PhD(University of Texas at El Paso), Doody’s Review
By Susan Mulroney, , Georgetown University Medical Center; and Adam Myers, MD, Professor, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC