LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
With all of the practical knowledge, skills, and applications you need in today's health unit environment, this completely updated 6th edition of LAFLEUR BROOKS' HEALTH UNIT COORDINATING gives you everything you need to succeed. It reflects the latest advances in the field, including the electronic medical record, as well as new photos and illustrations that bring concepts to life. Plus, you'll understand everything from communications skills to procedures through activities such as Abbreviation Exercises, Review Questions, Scenarios, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Electronic medical record with computer physician order entry information throughout the book keep you informed on the latest technological advances in the field and prepare you for practice.
- New and updated illustrations and photos provide realistic pictures of actual equipment to increase your understanding of the content.
- Additional "bad" handwriting examples help you decipher all kinds of handwriting.
- Information on alternative therapies for treating illness, holistic nursing, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations keeps you current with the latest information in the field.
- Chapter Outlines introduce the topics for each chapter, and Chapter Objectives provide goals you should achieve by the end of the chapter.
- Abbreviation Exercises accompanying the abbreviation list for each chapter provide an opportunity to practice and become familiar with the abbreviations you need to know.
- Test your knowledge of what you’ve learned with Review Questions at the end of each chapter.
- Think About topics test your ability to problem solve with situations you might encounter in practice.
- Thought-provoking Scenarios present realistic situations to help you learn the role and responsibilities of health unit coordinators and prepare for conflicts that can occur on the job.
- Take Note boxes reinforce key information from the chapter with summaries and new information to help you better understand the material.
- Doctors’ Orders show real examples of doctors’ orders with explanations and interpretations to help you prepare for situations in practice.
By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ; and Monica Wadsworth Seibel, BS, MEd, CHUC, Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ