Atlas of Advanced Operative Surgery
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Advance your surgical expertise with Atlas of Advanced Operative Surgery! This new resource picks up where other surgical references leave off, providing highly visual, step-by-step guidance on more than 100 advanced and complex procedures in both general and subspecialty areas.Table of Contents
- Visualize every procedure thanks to more than 1,000 illustrations, most in full color - including intraoperative photos, beautifully illustrated color drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific surgeries, and radiologic images that help you identify variations in anatomy prior to surgery.
- Grasp each procedure and review key steps quickly with a consistent, highly focused, bulleted format.
- See the advantages and disadvantages of variations in technique with a Pro/Con section written by expert surgeons.
- Focus on the advanced practice skills that are of particular value to those poised to begin practice, as well as surgeons who are already in practice.
- Benefit from the masterful guidance of Dr. Vijay Khatri, a respected expert and experienced mentor of trainees, junior faculty, and community surgeons.
- Learn new procedures or refresh your memory on operative details prior to surgery with an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format: pre-operative preparation, operative technique, position, incision, main dissection, closure, alternative technical approaches (with pros/cons), and post-operative care.
- Access the complete contents of Atlas of Advanced Operative Surgery online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com.
"I would highly recommend this to senior residents embarking on the final years of residency. Surgical fellows in many disciplines also would find it worthy: oncology, laparoscopy, and vascular surgery. Junior and senior faculty will find this a welcome resource."- Neal Wilkinson, MD (Roswell Park Cancer Institute) 4 star Doody rating!
By Vijay P. Khatri, MD, FACS, Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, CA