Atlas of Cardiac Surgical Techniques
A Volume in the Surgical Techniques Atlas Series
Perfect your cardiac surgery techniques
New to This Edition
Atlas of Cardiac Surgical Techniques, a title in the new Surgical Techniques Atlas series edited by Drs. Townsend and Evers, presents state-of-the-art updates on all main cardiac surgical techniques performed today. Drs. Sellke and Ruel, along with esteemed international contributors, offer you expert advice on a variety of techniques—open and interventional—to help you expand your surgical repertoire and hone your skills. Full-color illustrations and photographs enhance visual guidance and Expert Consult functionality gives you easy access to the full text online at expertconsult.com.
- Includes convenient access to the full-text online as well as procedural videos that show you how to proceed.
- Offers step-by-step guidance on a variety of cardiac surgical techniques, both open and interventional, giving you more options for the challenges you face.
- Discusses the hottest topics in cardiac surgery, including minimally invasive techniques, robotic surgery, aortic dissections, and more.
- Presents more than 400 full-color illustrations and step-by-step intraoperative photographs for expert visual guidance.
- Discusses pearls and pitfalls to help you avoid complications.
- Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes clinical anatomy, pre-operative considerations, operative steps, post-operative care, and pearls and pitfalls to make reference easy.
"The online access which is included in the purchase of the book is a very interesting feature with didactic purposes..recommend[ed] this atlas for practicing surgeons as well as for surgical residents, students and nurses for their review and preparation for surgical procedures."
Acta Chirurgica Belgica, August 2010
By Frank Sellke, MD, Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Karl E. Karlson and Gloria A. Karlson Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, and The Miriam Hospital; Co-Director of the Lifespan Heart Center, Providence, Rhode Island; Visiting Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA. and Marc Ruel, MD, MPH, FRCSC, Cardiac Surgeon and Cardiac Research Chair, University of Ottawa Heart Surgeon; Associate Professor of Surgery, Cellular and Molecular Medicine and Epidemiology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada