Drugs for Pregnant and Lactating Women, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Drugs for Pregnant and Lactating Women, 2nd Edition, by Carl P. Weiner, MD, MBA, FACOG, and Catalin Buhimschi, MD, is a must-have reference that details how virtually all of today’s drugs and herbal supplements interact with pregnancy and lactation. Updated thoroughly and covering nearly 2,000 substances, the new edition explains whether each drug is FDA-approved for use by expecting or nursing mothers...is known to be safe for use...or is known to pose a danger. An alphabetical organization by both trade and generic name...a special index listing drugs by category...and an easy-to-read page format make reference more efficient. As an Expert Consult title, it now includes fully searchable convenient online access to the complete contents of the book at www.expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Examines new drugs that have been introduced to the market since the publication of the previous edition, and presents revised or new information for all current listings, to keep you current.
- Offers access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com for convenient reference from any practice location.
- Provides drug interaction information to make you aware of the possible implications of using more than one drug in combination.
- Includes international drug names to give this reference an international perspective.
- Describes each substance's mechanism of action, side effects, drug-drug interactions, dosage, cost of therapy, and degree of safety during pregnancy or lactation, providing the thorough details you need to choose the most effective course of treatment.
- Indicates not only whether the FDA has approved a drug based on clinical trials, but also whether the drug is generally considered to be safe in the absence of FDA approval.
- Includes over-the-counter drugs and alternative medications as well as prescription drugs, to give you a broad background of available drugs.
- Features an alphabetical organization by both trade and generic name...a special index listing drugs by category...and an easy-to-read page format that make reference more efficient.
- Uses an eye-catching icon to highlight known teratogens.
“The information contained in this book has never before appeared in one place. Without it, one struggles to find information in the voluminous small print of the Physician's Desk Reference, in textbooks, or in a complex MEDLINE search...For the authors, Drugs for Pregnant and Lactating Women must have been a labor of extraordinary devotion. We will be thanking them for a long time.” — Fertility and Sterility, review of the last edition.
By Carl P. Weiner, MD, MBA, FACOG, Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS and Catalin Buhimschi, MD, Clinical Instructor, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University, New Haven, CT