Neurology of the Newborn, 5th Edition
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The 5th edition of this indispensable resource captures the latest insights in neonatal neurology in a totally engaging, readable manner. World authority Dr. Joseph Volpe has completely revised his masterwork from cover to cover, describing everything from the most up-to-the-minute discoveries in genetics through the latest advances in the diagnosis and management of neurologic disorders. He delivers all the clinical guidance you need to provide today's most effective care for neonates with neurological conditions.
New to This Edition
- Offers comprehensive updates from cover to cover to reflect all of the latest scientific and clinical knowledge, from our most current understanding of the genetic underpinnings of neurologic disease, through the most recent neuroimaging advances . . . state-of-the-art guidelines for evaluation, diagnosis, and prognosis . . . and the newest management approaches for every type of neonatal neuropathology.
- Features a wealth of new, high-quality images that capture the many advances in neonatal neuroimaging, including numerous MR images.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of neonatal neurology, solely written by the field’s founding expert, Dr. Joseph Volpe - for a masterful, cohesive source of answers to any question that arises in your practice.
- Focuses on clinical evaluation and management, while also examining the many scientific and technological advances that are revolutionizing neonatal neurology.
- Organizes disease-focused chapters by affected body region for ease of reference.
"An extraordinary work of scholarship . . . The strength of this book is the strong clinical emphasis that is incorporated from lessons learned from basic and clinical research . . . The book is so comprehensive, it is beyond criticism . . . remains a treasure for those interested in neurologic problems of the newborn, serving both as a resource and as a stimulus for future research endeavors." - Pediatric Neurology, review of the 4th edition
By Joseph J. Volpe, MD, Bronson Crothers Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Neurologist-in-Chief, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA and Joseph J. Volpe, MD, Bronson Crothers Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Neurologist-in-Chief, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA