Modern Surgical Pathology, 2nd Edition
2-Volume Set, Expert Consult - Online & Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Online and in print, Modern Surgical Pathology, 2nd Edition presents today's most complete, current, and practical assistance in evaluating and signing out surgical specimens. Nearly 3,000 high-quality color pathology images provide a crystal-clear basis for comparison to any sample you see under the microscope. Clinical, gross, microscopic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic features are integrated as appropriate for all tumors and tumor-like lesions, addressing all of the investigative contexts relevant to formulating an accurate diagnosis. Full-text online access via Expert Consult enables you to reference the complete contents of the 2-volume set from any computer, perform rapid searches, and follow links to PubMed abstracts for many of the references. Edited by four leading surgical pathologists - Noel Weidner, MD, Richard J. Cote, MD, Saul Suster, MD and Lawrence M. Weiss, MD - with contributions from more than 70 other experts, Modern Surgical Pathology, 2nd Edition delivers the well-rounded, well-organized, richly illustrated, user-friendly guidance you need to efficiently arrive at confident diagnoses for even the most challenging lesions.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Expert Consult online access allows you to reference the content online from any computer, perform quick searches, and download all of the images.
- Clinical, gross, microscopic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic features are correlated as appropriate for every type of surgical pathology specimen, addressing all of the investigative contexts relevant to formulating an accurate diagnosis and thereby ensuring a completely accurate surgical report.
- Nearly 3,000 brand-new, high-quality color pathology images provide a crystal-clear basis for comparison to any specimen you see under the microscope.
- A completely rewritten section on the female reproductive tract offers many more illustrations of common entities to help you more easily distinguish between tumors and tumor-like lesions.
- Expanded coverage of non-neoplastic diseases and disorders makes it easier to recognize benign conditions that can mimic malignancy.
- The latest classification schemes and criteria for malignancy, incorporated throughout, enable you to include the most current gradings in your reports.
- A new, more consistent organization explores anatomy/histology, gross and microscopic appearance, adjunct techniques, diagnosis, and differential diagnosis for each neoplastic or non-neoplastic lesion, facilitating rapid consultation in the reporting room.
- Contributions from many leading surgical pathologists give you well-rounded, expert answers to any question that you may face.
"A valuable addition to our literature, which certainly deserves a place on the surgical pathologist's bookshelf . . . Despite the numerous contributors, the quality of the writing remains high throughout. The textual material is clear, concise, and highly readable . . . The authors have provided a useful and important addition to the literature. I am pleased to recommend Modern Surgical Pathology." - JAMA, review of the last edition
By Noel Weidner, MD, Professor of Pathology; Chief, Surgical Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; Richard J. Cote, MD, Professor, Pathology and Urology, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Kenneth Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA; Saul Suster, MD, Professor and Vice Chair of Pathology, Director of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH and Lawrence M. Weiss, MD, Chair, Division of Pathology, Director, Surgical Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA
Chairman, Division of Pathology