|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Here is a technique intensive textbook of shoulder arthroplasty detailing how to handle all relevant aspects of shoulder replacement surgery. Distinguished shoulder surgeons Gary M. Gartsman-author of the well-received Shoulder Arthroscopy-and T. Bradley Edwards provide step-by-step details for each category of shoulder arthroplasty, covering indications and contraindications, pre-operative planning and imaging, results and complications, and more. Copious color intraoperative photographs and illustrations and a bonus DVD of 17 surgical video clips of procedures discussed in the text complete the package and make this book one that all shoulder surgeons need to have at hand!Table of Contents
- Presents the personal techniques of two master surgeons to give you the benefit of an authoritative approach to challenging surgeries as well as a consistent tone throughout the book.
- Covers pre-operative planning and surgical techniques in meticulous detail, including Glenoid Component, Reduction/Deltoid Tensioning, Humeral Surface Replacement, and Biological Glenoid Resurfacing.
- Emphasizes results, complications, and the important topic of post-operative orthosis and rehabilitation to provide a timely focus on outcomes, a rapidly growing trend in orthopaedic surgery.
- Features intraoperative photographs accompanied by line drawings for added clarification of the procedures.
- Organizes material in a consistent, structured format for easier use of the text as a technical reference.
- Includes a bonus DVD of 17 surgical techniques-including Pegged Glenoid Component Insertion, Subscapularis Repair, and Wound Closure-to further your mastery of technical details.
" The book is nicely organized into individual steps from setup and positioning to finishes with closure. It provides great detail on how the authors manage every step of the operation and what their thought processes are...This is now the definitive technique guide for how to perform a total shoulder arthroplasty."
DOODY'S BOOK REVIEW, 3 Stars
By Gary M. Gartsman, MD, Clinical Professor, Director, Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, Fondren Orthopaedic Group, Houston, TX and T. Bradley Edwards, MD, Clinical Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston; Fondren Orthopaedic Group, Houston, TX